FATA – From Awareness To Action
Project by Crime&tech
Project FATA – From Awareness to Action, is the result of the collaboration between research, publich authorities and the private sector, joint to study the new forms and schemes of online counterfeiting, to promote new counteracting tools and initiatives
This project has been developed by Crime&tech and Ministero dell’Interno – Direzione Centrale della Polizia Criminale, with the support of Amazon, and aims at creating a joint action force to fight counterfaiting. This phenomenon, which is still prevalent in offline marketplaces, has shown in the last few years a relevant increase also in online marketplaces as well as stronger links with other crimes (cybercrimes and financial crimes).
The results of this study have been collected in a final report (available here), providing the first italian example of a systematic analysis of the evolution and new modi operandi of online counterfaiting, and also representing a first step in the fight against a phenomenon yet to be fully understood.
- Watch the Video Pill on the project: click here.
- How is online counterfeiting evolving? Watch the Video Interview with Mirko Nazzari, researcher at Transcrime, and learn more.
- How do public authorities fight online counterfeiting? Watch the Video Interview with Loredana Stamato, Primo Dirigente della Polizia di Stato, to find out.
- How does Amazon fight against bad actors to prevent online counterfeiting? Find it out in the Video Interview we realized with Kebharu Smith, Director of the Amazon’s Counterfeit Crimes Unit.
- Did not have the chance to join our final event for Project FATA? Click here to watch it online: Contraffazione online, reati finanziari e cybercrime – Evento Finale del Progetto FATA
- Interested in what Project FATA achieved during the last year? Watch the new Video Pill!
Are you curious about the key findings presented within the report? Find out more with our infographics:
- The parallel Market of Sneakers
- “Falsi Online” Operation
- Online Repository
- How to prevent online counterfeiting
- Next steps in the fight against online counterfeiting
- Joint Anticounterfeiting Desk
- Persecuted people for crimes related to counterfeiting in Italy (2015-2021)