International Ph.D. in Criminology
We are seeking highly qualified students who are interested in pursuing an advanced research degree in Criminology. The International Ph.D. in Criminology at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan is supported by Transcrime, the joint research centre on innovation and crime. The Programme places interdisciplinary work and research at its core. Its aim is to promote innovative and dynamic thinking by blending theory and practice in the fields of criminology, criminal justice, and crime prevention.
What you will do:
The Ph.D. aims to prepare graduates to meet traditional and emerging standards of excellence in criminology. This is achieved through a specially-designed training, research, and teaching Programme. Activities are conducted in English, and include:
- Research and methodological training and Doctoral Training
- Ph.D. Courses and Lectures by visiting professors
- Participation in Transcrime research projects
- Ph.D. Thesis and articles for scientific journals
- Teaching activities and tutoring
- Drafting of research proposals for funding
Opportunities: Candidates will have the opportunity to learn from an international Academic Board comprised of key professors and researchers in criminology and related disciplines. They will also work in a thriving research center alongside a staff of over 25 members. Graduates will gain access to career opportunities in academia, the public and private sectors, NGOs, and international organizations.
- Master degree in criminology, sociology, economics, psychology, law, and other social sciences
- Excellent academic track record
- Experience in academic research is a plus
- Quantitative analysis skills are a plus
- Fluent in English
How to apply:
Informal pre-application: You can participate in an informal pre-application procedure at any moment of the year by sending an email to the Coordinator of the Ph.D. (Prof. Francesco Calderoni, email@example.com) and attaching an English CV. The candidate may be invited to submit a research proposal in English and to participate in a phone or Skype interview to discuss the proposal.
Formal application: The official call for applications is usually published in June-July on the webpage of the Ph.D. Office. The deadline for applications is usually between mid-August and mid-September.
For applications and information, visit: Official page Scuole di dottorato Unicatt – International Ph.D. in Criminology.
Read the official brochure.