Back-end developer / Data scientist
We are looking for an IT developer/data scientist to be involved in our team for supporting the development, creation, customisation and management of the back-end and the development of APIs related to web-based dashboards employed for data analysis and investigations in the illicit markets, anticorruption and anti-financial crime field.
Transcrime is the Joint research centre on transnational crime of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore. Crime&tech is the spin-off company of Università Cattolica-Transcrime, which translates Transcrime research in analyses, models, applications for the assessment, prevention and mitigation of crime and security risks.
What you will do:
- Support to the creation, customisation and management of the back-end of dashboards
- Support to the development and management of media crawlers
- Support to the development and management of APIs
- Support to activities related to extraction, organisation and analysis of unstructured information
- Development of predictive models
- Programming in R/Python for KPI calculation
- Joint work with data scientists and researchers to implement their models within the dashboard
- BSc/BA in Information technology, data science, statistics, engineering, mathematics or related subjects (completed or on-going)
- Knowledge of Python and R
- Experience in data analytics
- Use of database (postgres) and basic knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge in developing and implementing API RESTful
- Knowledge of R/SHINY
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding techniques
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in data mining
- Good knowledge of English
- Interest in business intelligence/compliance/anti-financial crime/ illicit markets
Salary and type of contract/involvement will be defined according to curriculum, seniority and availability of the candidate.
Workplace: Milan city centre, Via San Vittore 43, with possibility of remote working.
Candidates can send their application to email@example.com – Subject: “Application as Back-end developer” attaching:
- Cover letter